Angular CLI - Auto launch browser on localhost after app start with ng serve
This is a super quick tutorial to show how to automatically open the browser on localhost after starting an app with Angular CLI.
--open option to
Run the following Angular CLI command to start the application and automatically launch it in a new browser window.
ng serve --open
Ng serve command output
Here's the output from the command when I ran it on an Angular 14 project, it automatically opened in Chrome (my default browser) after compiling.
> ng serve --open ✔ Browser application bundle generation complete. Initial Chunk Files | Names | Raw Size vendor.js | vendor | 2.39 MB | polyfills.js | polyfills | 318.10 kB | styles.css, styles.js | styles | 210.36 kB | main.js | main | 38.35 kB | runtime.js | runtime | 6.56 kB | | Initial Total | 2.95 MB Build at: 2022-11-23T02:38:22.490Z - Hash: 98d10ea69f118837 - Time: 10496ms ** Angular Live Development Server is listening on localhost:4200, open your browser on http://localhost:4200/ ** √ Compiled successfully.
Install or update Angular CLI
If you need to install or update Angular CLI, execute the following
npm install -g @angular/cli
Subscribe or Follow Me For Updates
Subscribe to my YouTube channel or follow me on Twitter, Facebook or GitHub to be notified when I post new content.
- Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/jason_watmore
- Subscribe on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/JasonWatmore
- Follow me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/JasonWatmoreBlog
- Follow me on GitHub at https://github.com/cornflourblue
- Feed formats available: RSS, Atom, JSON
Other than coding...
I'm currently attempting to travel around Australia by motorcycle with my wife Tina on a pair of Royal Enfield Himalayans. You can follow our adventures on YouTube, Instagram and Facebook.
- Subscribe on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/TinaAndJason
- Follow us on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/tinaandjason
- Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/TinaAndJasonVlog
- Visit our website at https://tinaandjason.com.au
Need Some Angular Help?
Search fiverr to find help quickly from experienced Angular developers.