Quick fix for Docker not starting on Windows with error "Docker Desktop stopped"
I tried to start Docker Desktop this morning on my Windows machine and was getting the error "Docker Desktop stopped" before the application automatically closed.
A quick fix that worked for me was to simply delete the Docker
settings.json file located at
C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Docker\settings.json and then start Docker Desktop again. When Docker starts it automatically creates a new
I'm running Windows 10 with Docker Desktop 4.9.1.
Subscribe or Follow Me For Updates
Subscribe to my YouTube channel or follow me on Twitter, Facebook or GitHub to be notified when I post new content.
- Subscribe on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/JasonWatmore
- Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/jason_watmore
- Follow me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/JasonWatmoreBlog
- Follow me on GitHub at https://github.com/cornflourblue
- Feed formats available: RSS, Atom, JSON
Other than coding...
I'm currently attempting to travel around Australia by motorcycle with my wife Tina on a pair of Royal Enfield Himalayans. You can follow our adventures on YouTube, Instagram and Facebook.
- Subscribe on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/TinaAndJason
- Follow us on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/tinaandjason
- Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/TinaAndJasonVlog
- Visit our website at https://tinaandjason.com.au
Need Some Docker Help?
Search fiverr to find help quickly from experienced Docker developers.